Sunday 5 February 2017

2017....the year I become a successful triathlete!..(PMA) !

Let training commence....(again)

Showing off 




I took a clear break from training over Christmas and New Year and enjoyed vegging out with friends and family and enjoyed a few social rides and runs, plus of course some fantastic walks on the Malvern Hills sporting my World Champion Rainbow stripes Big Bobble hat!






It was great whilst it lasted, then came the first week into January and I was chomping at the bit to start some regular specific training again.

I'm now four weeks into some base training with my spring goal being the European long distance duathlon championships in St. Wendel, Germany on the 21st May.

However, my big goal this year is to finally spend some time swimming, and become a triathlete. I have booked a middle distance triathlon in August. So, from week one this year I have been factoring 2 swims per week into my training schedule. One of which is technique focused with the Malvern Triathlon club coaches.

So on this fourth week into my schedule I have taken things a bit easier and instead concentrated on 3 main sessions and produced some 'benchmark' times

OK so I need to work on my 120 degrees

Swim 400 and 200 yrd TTs in the  pool to give me a CSS pace (picking up the jargon!) Tempo trainer ordered and podcast downloaded. Mirrored/tinted goggles needed before the OW season starts.

Bike 10 mile TT, (slow, but I'm blaming the winter bike, cold weather, multiple layers of clothing and a lumpy course for that) Summer road bike cleaned, serviced and ready for sale. New bike frame purchased, just awaiting a few more wage packets to buy the remaining vital parts !

Run I raced the Raceways Mad Dash 10k this weekend for a 10k benchmark. It didn't seem an impressive time but I was 2nd lady to finish so a pretty good start to the season. This was  a really enjoyable and very well organised event, a 20k option was also available.
Decision on new 'race day' trainers needed to be made before May !

Mad Dash 2nd lady









No comments:

Post a Comment